Monday, June 17, 2013

Finally, A New Post...hole digger.

There is a company in Kewanee, Il called Rhino. They make air operated post drivers.
I've had a chance to get to know the CEO and he's asked me to work on his sign. We'll be doing a double sided version on the ground, and a single sided version on the building.

The design was originally based on something another sign maker had started, but had not finished.
I carefully took measurements and initially began to produce it "as - is " with a couple small changes.
Vectric Aspire made duplicating the original work and making modifications very easy.









Here it is after carving:





Here's the thing, though.  I just hate to let an opportunity pass to bring more dimension to a project like this.  I brought in an appropriate texture and sent a render to the client.  Being able to save out a render either in color or shaded is a really cool feature of Aspire.




The client agreed that this would be a great addition.  Here it is in progress:

What are the holes?  Get this:  The staff at Rhino are talented machinists.  They designed and created special stainless steel bolts that will be used on the sign for the front lawn:

This will be a great looking set of signs....
Here it is all carved.







3 comments:

  1. Thank you for providing the information regarding best post hole digger.Your blog has interesting information about post hole digger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow , what a blog , small but very informative and helpful about post hole digger.you have described this by pictures and good important information or concept. So thanks a lot for sharing to this blog....


    posted by - Jim Sina | Post Hole Auger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to be building my fence for my backyard this summer. I am looking for a good post hole digger for rent. I will probably need it for a week, so hopefully I can find a deal. Or would it be better to just buy one? I would never have use for it afterwards though, which is my only problem.

    Alena | http://www.diggawest.com.au

    ReplyDelete