Thursday, June 13, 2013

Riveting

I spent some time today attaching some of the completed pieces. This is really only the beginning of the decorative bits.





Here is a closer look at the back panel. There will be a "viewscreen" avove the panel...

Here is a closeup of the finished "side panel"

And here is a little closer look at the logo:

They were attached with two things: 1. A very good adhesive that bonds things to aluminum.
2. rivets. I also attached the rocket and some other switches...I'll post them tomorrow.




3 comments:

  1. Awesome! That's quite a set of skills you have, Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Doug, I met you in Indiana a few weeks back. I'm digging the trailer work thus far. I'll be interested in seeing the additional pieces going onto the rear door. That instrument panel is looking lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yeah, still lots of details to add. I plan to have it finished before the walldog even in Kewanee.

    ReplyDelete