Friday, January 4, 2013

Testing in Foam

One of the great things about foam (pink or blue) from the local big box store is that it's inexpensive.  It's a great way to test cuts and ensure you have everything right before you commit to more expensive materials.  In this case, I'm working on the center portion of r2's legs.  Its a slightly larger piece, and I wanted to make sure I had it right before I went on to HDU.  I carved it in some pink foam in about 20 minutes....and now I'm carving 2 of them in HDU now that I know everything is looking good.  The legs are coming right along....

Next up: It's time to start thinking about the "ankle" and the "feet".  There are also some shapes that many call "battery boxes" on the bottom....I'll be working out how to do those as well.  In just a couple days, by spending a small amount of my time (the machine spends the most time working on this)...I've almost completed the legs.  It's truly amazing how much you can accomplish if you dedicate a few minutes every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment