Thursday, August 23, 2012

Steam Punk Ale Flyer

I increased the size of the jetpack beer guy until I thought the scale looked good...

The next part is where the fun really kicks in....  I found a piece of scrap HDU (high density urethane foam) and traced the rough sketch on the surface.  Next I used an air powered die grinder to begin some of the rough shaping.  Once the dust settled, it was time to mix up a batch of Magic Sculpt and in very short order, I'd roughed in some of the shapes.


I'll continue to add a few more magic sculpt refinements and then prime it...after that I'll still be adding some bits and pieces for detail (some wires and cables for the jetpack...these little details will really bring him to life).

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to this project finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a way to go, Jerry....lots of rivets, dials, wires and vacuum tubes to add! But it will come together quickly.

    ReplyDelete