Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Headin' to the Shop

These signs are designed to help people get around my client's farm...keep their dirty boots out of his office and in the shop where they belong.  I think they'll get the job done just fine.  I have a couple other projects to complete for him, and those will begin next.

There are several layers of paint on these, ranging from browns to coppers. Some gold, tan and other colors are thrown in too for good measure.  I was recently asked, "How do you know when you're done with all those paint layers?" That's a good question.  I figure I'm done when I look at it and decide that anything more wouldn't add enough to be worth it.  I'm not done when it doesn't look right.  How many layers of glaze and/or paint is that? It's always similar, but never the same.  If I keep giving answers like that, people will think I'm running for office.


No comments:

Post a Comment