Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Getting All Geared Up

In a little over 2 weeks I'll be conducting my first class. This will a 3 day class focusing completely on the CarveWright cnc machine, some of my tips on using it and my techniques for designing projects for it.  I'll also be showing some tips for using other software, jigs to make life easier, and a plethora of other things that will be of value to a CarveWright owner or potential owner.
I plan to keep the atmosphere fun and much of the work hands-on.  The class has been limited to 8 in order to keep one-on-one time very high. 
I have been preparing the informational part of this for months, but now is the time to begin preparing for the kinds of files we'll be creating and samples for the class to play with.  I'll be showing several materials I carve and how they differ when planning and carving the project.  I'll also be creating individual name plaques for each person to put at their table so we can all identify our new friends. 


They say that there is no better way to learn how to do something than to find yourself in the position to have to teach it.  I have become even more familiar with a machine that I thought I already knew pretty well.  I look forward to taking some folks on a little journey into my process. 
I do have an opening left, so if you're thinking about attending, now is the time to sign up!


No comments:

Post a Comment