Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's Time For A Carvetastic Creations Workshop!

I made a presentation at the CarveWright conference last year. CarveWright is the awesome little cnc machine from LHR technologies that was really the launch of this whole adventure for me.  I spent some time talking about how I use the machine, some ways I get it to do what I want, and some of the materials and finishing methods I use.
I was asked by fairly large number of attendees if I ever planned on doing my own workshop.  Well, the time has come!  I believe I can easily fill 3 days with a large amount of information about how I'm using the machine to make the fantastic creations I offer.
I plan to discuss how I use the Designer application provided by CarveWright, jigs for holding and not wasting material, types of material I carve and prefer, creating vectored images for CarveWright's Centerline application, Importing and slicing STL files in Designer, Planning and creating carves larger than the standard 14" limit, lithopanes, a bit about finishing and much much more.

I'll be limiting this first class to 8 people so that I can provide lots of personal attention, and I want to be certain we have enough room for everyone!  I think it's going to be a great deal of fun and I look forward to showing that this little cnc machine is capable of so much more than most believed possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment