Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Just Good Cents.

At one time, I was using expensive paint containers to mix paints...but in many instances, I don't need a large amount.  I bought some small mixing trays, and quickly discovered I was spending a huge amount of time cleaning them. One option was to purchase some kind of disposable containers (dixie cups for instance).
Instead, I looked at the recycle bin and quickly discovered a variety of great containers.  All free!  Why not recycle them myself and save money and keep these containers in use a little longer?  Now I go through our recycle bin and pull anything that might be of use. 
I am certainly not the most "green" person (ask any of my friends), but I'm happy to have found a way to contribute in my shop.
I also avoid chemicals and primarily use water based products that are designed to last equally as well as those with heavy chemicals.  The cleanup is easier, the odor is not there, and again, I get to do a little more to keep toxic chemicals out of the environment.
I think it just makes good cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment