Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Planning for the workshop

I know that some of the people who will attend my first workshop will have little to no experience with a cnc machine.  I also know that I have come to focus on about 70% of the capabilities of the CarveWright.  I decided that to make the class something special for those taking at as well as myself, I need to be prepared to show them 100% of the advertised capabilities and then a dizzying assortment of things I've figured out how to do on my own.  It's an opportunity to really dig a little more under the hood of the CarveWright and to see just how far I can push certain capabilities.
I'm very aware that the folks at CarveWright have a massive amount of work in place for future software revisions that will do even more than some would imagine.  I look forward to it! But in the meantime, how can certain tasks be accomplished?
3D lettering is something that I think deserves a great deal of attention...is there a way to get cool 3D letters using only Designer? What about secondary applications? Can I make something and import it to be used in the CarveWright? The short answer? Yes.

I am exploring ways to make all kinds of 3D letters and this is just one of the things I'll cover in the class.  It's not hard and it brings a whole new look to your CarveWright pieces....
I know because I've done it already!  The secondary edge on most of these letters is very easy to set up in Designer and adds even more dimension to your pieces!






No comments:

Post a Comment