Monday, January 23, 2012

The daisies are up!

Sometimes there are little bumps in the road...such as getting the completed sign for The Gerber's Daisy up.  I've learned that I need to keep much more Magic Sculpt on hand, and that sometimes a bucket truck is the only way to go.
This morning I attempted to put up the sign with a friend who offered to use a small bucket tractor with a cage, but we realized that the tractor was simply too wide to get onto the sidewalk.  Additionally, the sidewalk is high enough that the tractor couldn't ride up over the curbs several "steps".  By this afternoon a bucket truck was lined up and we were ready to go!
It was an easy job to reattach the bracket with the extension needed to get past some fascia on the building and I was quickly on my way to hanging the sign when I realized I'd managed to hang the bracket upside down.  It was an easy fix, and the bucket truck operator laughed as I told him I should get a "rookie sign guy" award.  Thankfully there were no other problems, and the sign was soon in place.
The owner wasn't in, but her employee quickly came out to look and take pictures.  Once I was down from the bucket, I took some pictures as well.  It was exciting to see this one go up and people on the sidewalk stopped to tell me how much they liked it.
The daisies are hand sculpted with Magic Sculpt on both sides,  and I've hung it in such a way as to keep it from slamming into the wall (a problem the previous sign had). I drove by to see how it looked from both directions, and I'm pleased.
Even with a cold, gray sky, I think it stands out. I can't wait to get some shots of it once we get a little sunshine...




2 comments: