Monday, April 25, 2011

Jet Pack? No sir...STEAM Pack!

My next project is a piece that is part of a theme environment.  In this case, it's a home theater.  I have already designed much of the room and have several pieces to complete, but thought this one would be a great place to start. 
The concept for the Theater is a Jules Verne inspired airship named "The Aeronaut".  I'll post more about the theater soon, but we'll start with the emergency "escape packs" which allow guests a quick escape method should the airship meet with some form of destruction.
These "escape packs" allow guests aboard to fly from the airship to the ground- and even incorporate a pair of back-up parachutes should the steam run out at a bad time.
I have no doubt some elements of the design will change as I progress. The drawing is a guide, but I try to keep it a somewhat loose one.  The process of building objects like this always seems to present ideas along the way that improve upon this initial sketch.

2 comments:

  1. Careful Doug or they will pass a law against us having this much fun ALL of the time. :) I look forward to seeing the jetpack finished... Don't forget to post pictures of it in the test flight stage.

    -grampa dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will these be available in stores?!!? ;) Great concept!

    ReplyDelete