Sunday, July 14, 2013

WallDoug At It Again

Only a few short years ago, I began attending an annual event as a member of a group called "The Walldogs". This year, over 200 artists and painters came together in Kewanee, Illinois to bring life to 15 murals. 
My friend Scott Lindley represented us well and helped the amazing town of Kewanee to participate in more than a little magic.  I had the amazing fortune to be asked to participate as a project leader. 
It was the 20th anniversary of "The Walldogs" and Kewanee helped us celebrate in style.

A massive cake was served, and fantastic food to go with it!

My team included a long list of walldogs and an even longer list of locals who came out to participate and put paint on the wall.  They all did great.

We had a great deal of fun and made many memories.  Many people couldn't help but share with us their own memories and important life moments that took place at Sandy's.  From a first job for a teenager, to a hamburger and shake date that turned into a 40 year marriage, they were all special and made us smile even more.  Now it's time to get back to my shop and jump into more signs for my client Jim Martin at Rhino and working on the mechanical fish that will give Dan a "what for".  I'm a very lucky man.




No comments:

Post a Comment