Sunday, July 7, 2013

Here fishy fishy fish...

Just to get things started, I decided to put some paint inside the tank to see how it was going to look. I have much to do in there, but I couldn't resist seeing how my carefully painted rays of light that run diagonally across the waves would look with the LEDs.  I think it's looking good. 

Next, I put some of my sketches into parts.  These sliced sections will make up a portion of the body of the creature, with much sculpting to come.


Once I had these initial parts, I decided that I wanted him to be wider, with a much larger mouth.  By adding a strip down the middle, I could get exactly what I wanted.

Much more to do! Now, though, it's time to pack up to prepare for the Walldog event in Kewanee, Il. I'll be painting a mural about Sandy's...a hamburger and shake franchise that eventually merged with Hardees.
Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

  1. What did you cut the fish out of?

    ReplyDelete