Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lights! Camera! Action!...wait...where's the fish?

Today I added some of the lighting.  I've used an LED strip which will light the creature inside.
I also built the additional center pieces that will build up the piece to allow space for the fish between the window and back...

To make the best use of materials, I cut the center pieces in quarters...so two sets of four (different diameters) was just the ticket.  My friend Dan put 38 lights plus a green one on his project. It looks very nice indeed.  I, however, am from America.  We have 50 states so it only seemed appropriate to have at least 50 lights.  I'm sure 39 lights was a lot to put in Dan's sign, so I completely understand his smaller total.  The extra dimension in my sign allows for just a few more.

If you haven't figured it out, we're all having a great time with our "challenge" (Jamie says he's on top secret work for the government of Canada and will have something soon.).  The jibes and teasing is all in good fun.  I have little doubt that the other competitors will all place in the top 12. I think we have 8 or 9 participating...including Jamie.

Next is a fish tale or is it tail? Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment