Monday, May 6, 2013

STELLA!!!

I had the opportunity to visit with a group of friends both old and new this weekend.  It's always inspirational to see what others are doing.  One person, in particular, has been knocking it out of the park with his design work.  His name is Joe Diaz. He's part of  Diaz Sign Art 

He recently won the CorelDRAW International Design Contest with this:


I mentioned that I thought it would be a wonderful 3D piece, and he said he'd been thinking that as well.  Before I left for home, we discussed the idea of doing it as a joint piece.  We've been discussing how to generate files, and how to  divide the pieces into layers.

We're going for a combination of  2 1/2 and 3D.  Joe has already turned Stella herself into a 3D file, and I'll be assisting in converting the vectored portions.  It should be a fun project and I hope you'll follow along as this new version of Stella comes to life.





2 comments:

  1. Right on Doug! I remember when this piece came out....absolutely stunning! It seems it has since popped up every I look. Can't wait to see what you guys do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to see this as a 3D piece since I first saw it. I look forward to seeing what you and Joe come up with. -grampa dan

    ReplyDelete