Sunday, May 26, 2013

Before You Can Run...

Part of working on the 3D version of Stella is doing some modeling to get some of the shapes I'd like.  I'm very fortunate to be in the mood for some learning!  I have been doing some self training with the new version of Vectric Aspire (version 4.0).  One of the great things about the software is that they provide over 30 hours of video tutorials and many support files to help.  It's not a small undertaking, but by viewing a little each day between other work, I've built up some understanding of how to proceed.

I learn best by applying new techniques to real projects, so I'm setting up files for Stella as well as putting some of these techniques into practice.  I have a 5' x 10' trailer that has needed some attention for a year.  Dan dared me to put some dimension on it, which is exactly what I intend to do.  I'll be building a 2 1/2 D version of my rocket ship...





Beginnings:



The rocket will be mounted on this design.  The brown on the background will be an actual "rust" finish.


Stay tuned to see how I add the details!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. You seem to have a good understanding that how to create a professional drop down menu. When I entering your blog, I felt this. Come on and keep writing your blog will be more attractive. To Your Success! Banner | signs

    ReplyDelete