Friday, March 1, 2013

Some assembly and paint was required.

Well, I'm just about completed my little robot friend.  He is supported by the wheel, which is mounted to the board.  I still have a couple little shoulder covers that go above the arm...and a wee bit of detail painting to do, but I thought I'd show you what I have so far. 
I found that pictures in my shop tended to lose much of his detail, so I looked around for somewhere with some good contrast...it turned out that just outside the door was perfect.







Just so there is some scale to let you know how big he is, I put him next to his other robot buddy in the shop:




One great trick that I have been asked about is the worn paint look, especially the white band near his middle.  It's really easy.  Once I had the base coat of yellow on, I dabbed some latex rubber in that area.  Once it was dry, I painted a couple layers of a white glaze. Once that was dry, I could rub off the latex rubber, revealing the yellow underneath, and making it look like worn paint!


No comments:

Post a Comment