Tuesday, February 26, 2013

He's the one eye love

ClapTrap has one "eye" and I spent some time working on that while waiting for some paint on another sign to dry (more on that sign coming soon).

I used my router to add some grooves to an appropriate piece of pvc pipe...then added the other details.  I had a fun idea while working on it- I decided that I could use one of those "push button lights" some people use in their closet for his eye.  It fit perfectly inside the pvc pipe and looks great lit up.  The thing is, his eye is blue.  How to get the light to glow blue was a  challenge. Even more- it's not a deep blue, but a kind of teal.  I finally solved it. Can you guess how?






I also had a chance to modify, connect and assemble some pvc pipes of different diameters to make his arms.  While I did that, the cnc was carving his hands for me.  There are a top and bottom for each set.  I carved them in 1/2" Azek pvc.





I have some more work to do on the wheel and arms, and then I'll be able to start painting before I finally assemble it all.  I also will create a base for his one wheel to attach to .

It's a quick, fun little side project!


No comments:

Post a Comment