Sunday, January 13, 2013

Time To Vent

I spent some time this weekend on R2. I cleaned up all the edges of the "skin" and attached it to the frame. I also had to do some work on the files for many of the 3D parts needed on his body. There are some things called "Power couplers" and "Octagon" ports as well as the "Vents"...I set up each of those and used various pieces of scrap HDU to cut them out. Some were 1 1/2" others 1" or 1/2". That's why some pieces are grey, some yellow and others a salmon color...all different kinds of HDU I had.

I put them in place just to see how they fit. I'll have to prime and paint each of those before I put them in to stay. I still have to carve a piece called the "Coinslots" as well as the "Coin Returns".  Lastly, the two weird shapes just below the dome on the front.  It seems like I've come a long way- but still plenty to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment