Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fits like a second skin

here is skin #2. This one goes on the one completed earlier.  There are actually several pieces that get cut and glued inside some of the pockets..they are held in with very small tabs right now.


Here is the second skin temporarily taped in place over the inner skin.  Lots of cleanup to do on the edges of this second skin. I'll work on that in the morning.

I'll also carve to two skins for the backside.  If I get a chance, I'll glue up the front and back inner skin as well. In order to hold it all in place during glue up, I'll glue the skin to the frame, and wrap the whole thing tightly with plastic wrap to hold it tightly to the frame while the glue dries.  You can almost start to recognize the little guy from the body alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment