Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Teamwork For The Win

     My friend Scott Lindley (his friends call him Cornbread) is one of the people who help set up all the great Walldog events that I attend.  It takes a lot of work to help a community plan for 150+ painters to come and paint more than a dozen murals in a few days.  Scott does it well.  He thinks through the challenges and brings each community a unique set of options to make it all happen.  In addition, Cornbread is a sign guy as well. He's either drawing new designs, hand painting signs or creating interesting kinetic sculptures that require a mind like his to envision. 
     Cornbread called awhile back to tell me he'd sold a set of signs to the city of Arcola. They will identify one of the parks.  He asked if I might be able to help out and do some of the carving for these signs.  I was happy to oblige.
     I worked with Scott to identify the difference between the artwork he sent, and how I'd need it in order to easily carve it.  Together, we identified a few changes that would make life easier for us both, and I went to work.  He picked them up and headed for his own shop where he'd paint them, and add the posts.
     I got a call from him today, and he'd headed for Arcola to do the installation.  It was great just to be a part of it, and I'm happy Cornbread was able to deliver his vision to the neat little town of Arcola where we spent this last summer painting murals.


No comments:

Post a Comment