Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I do.

A while back, I created a gift for some relatives to use at their wedding reception.  The idea was to create a monogram of their initials, and then to carve it as a decoration in the colors they had chosen for the wedding.  Also, it needed to be lite weight.  They wanted to easily hang it on a wall without having to put in any nails and/or screws. In fact, they wanted to hang it from a vent high up on the wall.  I decided insulation foam was just the ticket.  It turned out to be very popular.  I have done a couple more since then, but the most common request was for them to be larger.  I generally decided to not do them until I got a larger machine and could do them more efficiently.

Now that the Christmas rush has calmed a bit, I took some time this morning to design a sample.  In this case, it's carved in 2" thick foam...and carved with a "V" shaped router bit.  I'll prime it, and then paint it in some popular wedding colors.  This one is 4 feet tall by a little over 3 feet wide.



2 comments:

  1. While I love my The Wrights sign... this is very cool. My goddaughter is getting married next June, so if you need a guinea pig for colors, sizes, anything like that - I hear her wedding coordinator would be a breeze to work with. At least I think so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done. I'll contact you...she's getting married. Wow. When did this time rocket launch? I wasn't alerted.

    ReplyDelete