Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mural number 6

It's been a great year.  Last year I helped out on a couple murals and completed my first solo mural (with some helpers).  This year I've followed that with 5 more!  Yesterday I completed number 6. This was my first true solo mural, as I was the only one to do the painting. I completed it in about 16 hours.  The awesome folks over at Weston Brewing hired me to complete the mural for the annual Irish Festival which is going on right now (hopefully..the rain doesn't stop the irish does it?).

  
After a brief break to enjoy some of the products (Jeff introduced me to a stout/ipa mix that is my new favorite) it was time to wrap it up and take down the scaffold:

In many situations a bucket truck or scissor lift is nice to use- but there were SO many deliveries and trucks coming and going from the business, that scaffolding was really the only way.  It was a great rush to complete it in time for the festival.  It also may lead to some more work!  Another local business stopped by and has asked to discuss some work for them as well.  Looks like I'll be visiting Weston again in the future. I look forward to it.


 


2 comments:

  1. A ladder on top of a scaffold isn't generally an accepted method of getting up there. I'm glad you survived!

    -dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, there were a couple helpers that held the ladder very steady while I climbed up to the tallest portion of the mural. If it had felt at all uncomfortable, I was ready to disassemble the scaffold as it was and re-set it up into a third section. I'm glad I survived, too!

    ReplyDelete