Monday, June 18, 2012

Walldoug time again!

A couple of years ago, I attended my first Walldog event.  Dan Sawatzky invited me to paint on his wall and I was a bit nervous about it.  I hadn't painted anything of any size for a very long time.  I need not have worried.  It was so fun that I knew I'd be attending many more events.  I ended up working on several walls that year, and then attended a second meet in Wisconsin the next summer...almost immediately followed by a mini-meet back in Illinois.  I ended up painting a mural in my own town, and then this year a follow up mural in a nearby town.  Only a few days ago I completed two small "mural-signs" for businesses in Peoria. I guess you could say I've jumped in the deep end of the pool...and the water is fine.
So now I'm off to Arcola, Illinois tomorrow.  I'll soon be seeing good friends and once again painting on brick.  One difference is that this year I'm in charge of one of the murals.  I'll be gently guiding my team to put brush to brick and bring the World Famous Lawn Rangers mural to life.
I've just completed a small carved version of the mural. This will be presented to the town of Arcola to put up for auction. Proceeds will go towards maintaining the new murals and hopefully to add future murals.  The space on the right is for my group of painters to sign their name.  That will make the piece a one of a kind collector's piece for some bidder!


It's been a challenge to get moving on all the amazing things I want to create on the new cnc machine...but I know the right time is coming.  The weather is too nice and the murals have been calling. That's ok.  Soon the first real "project" is about to begin on it and I can't wait.  I hope you'll check in!
In the meantime, if you happen to be near Arcola, Illinois in the next 5 or 6 days...stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment