Monday, June 25, 2012

#3




I just returned last night from Arcola, Illinois.  There is nothing I can put into words that will convey how awesome one of these events can be.
I was honored to be asked to act as a project leader this year and to design the mural for the "Word Famous Lawn Rangers"
Before I show you the contribution of my team, here is a look at the other amazing murals that appeared over the last 5 days:
















I was fortunate to be surrounded by many old and new friends as we put the Lawn Ranger mural on the wall.  John, Shannon, Katie, Chance, Steve, Alicia, De and Bruce were all fantastic.  We had local help from several including a wonderful artist named Nancy who took on Acrylic paint (she's an oil painter) and did a great job of putting President Obama on the wall.  For those inclined to be anti-obama let me point out that it was an honor for the Lawn Rangers to have been asked to perform in his inauguration.  Republicans and Democrats alike marched with brooms and lawn mowers in hand to celebrate an american president...not a democrat or republican.
There have been rumors that I may have worn a kilt in the parade- I can't comment. I can only tell you it was great fun and an honor to have participated.
In a little over 2 years I've now been in charge of 3 murals and 2 "business" murals and have painted on many more.  It continues to be a wild ride that I wouldn't trade for the world.



1 comment: