Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Good friends and fun.

I've enjoyed a several days of good weather and great help as I work to complete the second mural in my local area.  The mural in Toulon, Illinois is going well and we made some great progress today. I have had help from Cornbread (Scott Lindley), Bruce Huff, Shannon Ingles and Katie McCauley.  We've laughed, painted, listened to questionable music and generally enjoyed the process of painting. 
Each day brings us closer to the final image, and I can already see how it's going to look.  I believe the process will actually speed up as we approach the middle and lower portion of the mural, as it is mostly fields and some corn.  I am delighted that the State Bank of Toulon (special thanks to Phil Daum) decided to do this mural and that they selected me to do it. 
If it's not pouring down rain and you have a minute in the next few days...drop by and watch some paint dry!  I'll soon be off the scaffold and painting the lower section.
I think most folks already agree the wall looks far better than it did a few weeks ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment