Friday, February 17, 2012

Lets carve some brick.

By sheer luck, I've managed to run into the folks from Azek/Parksite a couple of times recently.  This time, while we were talking about the pvc material they have and how much I've come to like it...they decided to show me a new product. It's a composite paving system made of 95% recycled material.  It installs really fast and is designed to last a very long time. 


I looked it over and quickly asked "Will it carve?".  They weren't sure, but quickly gave me a sample and said "Give it a shot!"  I did.


I'm already thinking about some fun ways to use it and can easily imagine some neat things that could be done with a sidewalk, driveway, etc. at a business. 

As if that wasn't enough...they also indicated that Azek was now introducing a rail lighting system for their decking.  It's a low-voltage exterior LED system that looks really great.They showed me the proprietary system and I began to salivate.  Pretty soon I'll show you why!


2 comments:

  1. Great idea Doug
    We have a local company that takes pretty much any plastic material and turns it into lumber material....but...the consistency and quality is hit and miss. In fact I've heard horror stories of guys cutting through it and hitting metal bits or screws or nails because the ground up plastic wasn't sifted properly.
    How's the consistency of this product you're working with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a "tough" material...designed to have cars/trucks driving over it. It carved great. The interior of the material seems to be consistent and even. I plan to do some more testing.

    ReplyDelete