Friday, January 13, 2012

Working Within Constraints...

My daughter and I have been working on her room, and have had to work within certain parameters.
The local government (Mom) has set forth certain restrictions regarding the room. One is that it should easily be returned to something more "normal" with a little paint.  This means that I have to limit how much stuff I attach to the wall.
In the case of the "Tri-wizard" cup, I only carved the cup in HDU as a 2 1/2 D piece...and then used paint to create the illusion that it was in an alcove and that it was glowing.  All in all, I'm pleased. My daughter certainly is too!

I'll do some more touch-up paint work to the alcove and wrap it up pretty soon!

The pre-made 4-8 piece fits very well with the newly painted stone walls. Now I need to do some touch-up to the ceiling and baseboard trim, and then it's on to the last wall! Almost there....This photo is a bit blown out (I need to stop taking pictures as night!) but the stone is a little closer to the picture above...


No comments:

Post a Comment