Monday, January 30, 2012

Quoting, sketching and dreaming...

My recent sign for "The Gerber's Daisy" has brought several new opportunities.  One is for a nearby Hair Studio. There is an existing pole and frame for the sign, which the owner would like to re-use.  It will be 2-sided and she'd like it to have some dimension.  She has an existing lettering style for her name, so I've worked that into the sketch.
One thing that's difficult to express in the sketches is the paint colors...because I like to use the metallic colors and glazes.  I try to give an approximation, knowing that the actual color will take it several levels beyond the sketch.
I won't go too much further until we can decided if I'm anywhere close to what she was hoping to see.  Changes and tweaks are likely and fine.  I wanted the scissors to be something special for this...not the run of the mill scissors you so often see on other salon signs.  This would be a blast to carve and sculpt!


No comments:

Post a Comment