Friday, December 23, 2011

Mini Mural at Christmas

We've promised my daughter for about 2 years that we'd totally re-do her bedroom. When we moved in we didn't have time. Last year I bought us a little time by doing a small 4' x 8' section of stone wall with a Harry Potter logo and sculpting the bird.
We decided to get her a full size bed for Christmas, and I realized it was finally time to get the whole room done. I talked with her at length about what she wanted- and Harry Potter is still #1. She originally just wanted the whole room to look like a room in Hogwarts, but I convinced her that might be a little dark and make the room seem small. We agreed that what would be really cool was a mural of Hogwarts on one wall and a painting of the "Marauder's map" on another. The other two will be faux stone.

I found some great reference online and spent yesterday airbrushing and hand painting the sky, and blocking in some rough colors for the castle. I'm enjoying it!



Anytime you can work on your skills and make your daughter happy is a good day!





No comments:

Post a Comment