Sunday, July 10, 2011

Greeblies!

I enjoy the process of designing projects, but leaving enough room to allow for some development during the project.  As I build, I find that I make adjustments to certain shapes, and modify little things that mostly mean something to me.  One of the really fun parts is getting to design and add all the little details to a project. In the case of this robot/weapon/sign....I'm starting to add some details to the legs and to the interior of the cockpit. Eventually you'll mostly see the driver, but I want there to be plenty to look at inside.  I know that if I were looking at this thing, I'd have my nose right up against the port hole to see what was in there...so I'm putting in pipes, gauges, levers and all kinds of little goodies.  It's a snap to design them and carve them. 
This first picture represents some round pieces that attach at the pivot point on the legs.   In all, there were 18 different pieces to carve for those.


Even the inside of the front cover will get detailing and  will conceal the lights that will illuminate the interior.
That hole on the back wall of the cockpit will allow wiring to travel down the back leg for power to the lights.
Tomorrow I start work on the feet, and begin to build the antique "barber chair" that will hold our pilot. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment