Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Little Off The Top...

I've been working on the pilot from the bottom up.  I decided that I'd glue up some leftover pieces of HDU and sculpt the basic form.  I'll add magic sculpt details once it's all roughed out.  I plan to have the pilot sitting back and pressing a foot pedal with one leg.  His hands will both be holding onto levers that control the robot.


Since it's the weekend, I thought I'd treat myself this morning...I got up early and headed out to the shop to whip up the pilot's seat. It's loosely based on an antique barber's chair.  While much of it won't be easily visible through the port hole, I know curious lookers will peer deep into that window looking to see if there is anything to see. I want the answer to be "YES!".   Once these pieces are all cured, I'll go back in and add decorative work on the metal arms that hold the back to the bottom, and add additional arm rests.  It came together pretty quickly, because I had been thinking about it most of last night.

I've also begun the process of casting some additional gun parts from the one provided by WETA. I'll need those to decorate various parts of the robot, primarily the arms.  I'm also using some bits and pieces elsewhere on the robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment