Thursday, June 16, 2011

Winchester on my mind...

One of the projects I'm finishing up before a Walldog event next week (more later) is an oversized padlock based on one manufactured by the "Winchester" company many years ago. Yes, they did more than make guns!  Although I have an English Bulldog named Winchester, this isn't for him. It's for a person who collects Winchester memorabilia.
I found a good piece of reference online and then built up the layers in illustrator, including the logo which is rather wonky compared to the original...a bit arched.  It's made of several layers of Azek pvc..and boy is it heavy! Super fun and easy project.
It needs some final shaping, some primer and paint...then I'm off to Plymouth, Wisconsin!


And you gotta have a key for a lock !

2 comments:

  1. Another great piece in what looks like an endless series of great pieces. Imagine what will happen when you get a real router! I'm looking forward to it with anticipation!

    -dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...real router...sounds like a challenge from Dan there Doug. :)

    ReplyDelete