Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Walldogs Paint Plymouth

For the second year, I took some time to recharge my batteries by joining a hundred or so of my fellow artists to paint murals.  This year we went to Plymouth, Wisconsin to help put up a record breaking 21 murals in 4 days.  It's an opportunity to help a community increase tourism, encourage pride in the community and generally celebrate a wide range of artistic style.
I was asked months ago by a good friend (called Cornbread by those who love him) to participate on his wall. I was honored and delighted.  I spent 4 days painting next to some old and very new friends.  A special shout out to Bruce and Sarah!
Watching this mural (and all the others) come alive is a special treat that you have to experience to fully understand.  Many thanks to the people of Plymouth for the hospitality, the cheese and the memories that were made.
First we project the design on a primed wall at night...and scramble to avoid the rain!
Then the fun begins! Color is built up and we each begin to add our own personality and flavor into the mural as it takes shape.
I couldn't be happier with the final result and look forward to painting with my friends again next year.
Lastly, here we are with our good pal Eldon, who so kindly loaned us his car for reference and to generally make us look cool. The ride in his car was amazing, and seeing his garage full of other cars, motorcycles and bicycles was a great cap to the event. Here's to my team- who I have decided to call "The Octopus 4".

No comments:

Post a Comment