Thursday, June 30, 2011

Any Port Will Do

I want to be certain we can see into the robot well enough to view the garden gnome driving.  Also, I spent some time looking at the best positioning of the 20 sided shape to make sure the legs and arms will look good.  The result was that I picked a location to cut out a pentagon shape from the body and then inserted a panel with a port hold cut out.  I think it will provide enough viewing area.  Additionally, this location puts 3 of the triangle shapes in perfect position for the legs- as well as two on the upper sides for the arms. 
I think it's looking good...so I've ordered more Azek sheeting that I will use to carve triangular sheeting which will cover the body.  Each piece will have details carved into it and additional details added by hand.  I took some time and did a test carve of one of the triangles in a low weight HDU just to make sure everything is coming out alright.  I also completed both of the arm mounts that will attach to the body.
Now I have to begin work on the arm and leg armatures...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment