Friday, June 24, 2011

A Roll Of The Dice....

I'm diving into this robot project with a bang!  I set up my saw to cut the edge bevels and spent about half an hour getting them all cut and cleaned up.
The I started taping up the pieces to be sure they all fit well, and they did. It turns out math wins again!
Now that I've tested all the edges, I can begin to glue them together. First I'll cut a port hole in one where we'll eventually see our garden gnome driving. This part was fun, because one moment I just had a bunch of pieces all taped together flat on the table...and BAM! I suddenly had this shape! It's like magic.
The other thing I did was to leave one 5 piece section seperate as a "lid" which will allow me to get into the robot so I can add the gnome, control panels and other cool things. I'll put the lid on a hinge.  Now I have to start thinking about those legs and arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment