Thursday, June 9, 2011

And Now...A Treat.

You may be looking at that picture and wondering "What the heck is that?" It's something I've wanted to try for awhile.  I heard about a chef doing this and just had to take a stab at it myself.
The PVC product I've been carving isn't very porous...and I thought it might make a good material to make a master for a candy mold. The idea is to carve a master shape, then make a mold of it with a foodsafe material.
Once the mold is prepared and cleaned, a little chocolate gets melted and put in...then you pop it in the freezer for a bit and VOILA!  But what shape to make my candy? Hmmmm..........
To be efficient, the best bet would be to make a big sheet with multiple masters, so that you could prepare a dozen or more at a time.  Yet another unique way to use your CNC machine! Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment