Tuesday, June 14, 2011

High Gear

This Steampack has been a side project between some other projects, but I'm making the push to get it completed this week.  I spent a bit of time this morning finishing some sculpting on the handles.  One trick I use to get relatively similar "ribbons" of Magic Sculpt is to run it through the pasta machine to the thickness I want, then to roll over it with this wooden tool (I found these at Dick Blick art supply).  I have several of them in different widths and shapes. I've found them to be very handy!

The ribbons were put on in the places I needed them and some buttons were added.  All systems are go!
Next up was some work on a "tube" that will mount to the pack.  I plan to put some colored cast acrylic in it once everything has dried. It's about 6" long and is made up of plumbing parts and a plastic tube from a toy my daughter discarded (recycling can be steampunk!).
And lastly, here is some paint work being done on the steam exhaust nozzle for the bottom of the pack.
I can't wait to get all the pieces together in the next day or so and finally see it come together. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I can hardly wait to see it in person next week!

    -grampa dan

    ReplyDelete