Saturday, May 21, 2011

On Deck...

The last week has been a whirlwind.  I'm not sure of any other way to describe it.  I've met a variety of new people, made connections that may totally change the scope and scale of my dreams and how quickly they come to life.  A good friend told me something close to "Be prepared.  There will come a point when it seems as if everything has aligned and opportunities come flying fast and furious. It will make your mind dizzy.  Don't pull back. Don't try to slow it down. Ride it out and follow it as far and high as it will take you."  I suddenly understand.
So- my experiements with pvc continue!  There is a website where you can watch a blender attack about anything you can imagine and the tag is "Will it blend?".  My version is "Will it carve?"
This is a 30" piece of pvc decking material.  I added 4" celtic squares that finished carving in under 20 minutes.  With no paint at all, this could take an "ok" deck project to something special.  You wouldn't cover the floor with them, but perhaps a hand rail, or a perimeter border....or the sides of posts.
Wow.

2 comments:

  1. Under 20 minutes? Wow, that's one fast little machine you got there Doug.
    I'm going to have to look into one of those.
    This material gives you nice detail and it looks decent even without any paint.
    Keep on riding!
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug

    You have strapped yourself into a roller coaster. It started back when you attended the workshop... but now the roller coaster is loaded and the waiting is over. You have chugged up the first large incline...

    Get ready for the ride of your life! I know the feeling. :)

    -dan

    ReplyDelete