Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Mardi Gras!

There is a group known as the "Letterheads" that has been around for about 100 years.  At various times they have been more active than others.  This last week, there was an event in Mazeppa, Mn.
My schedule was such that I could only attend a portion of the event, and I enjoyed every moment.

My job was to help with technical issues (projectors, printers, computers) and talk a little bit about magic sculpt and how I use it.  I thought it would be a good time to dig out a fun project I'd started a couple years ago...the "Nautilus" from 20,000 under the sea.  I didn't want to sculpt a straight copy of Harper Goff's design, but add some of my own flair and twist to it.  It's about 33" long. 





We had several groups of children from the local school visit...ages ranging from 6-12.  They were able to see artists hand painting lettering, mural painting and pin striping.  Artists visited from all kinds of countries outside the US including:  The UK, Germany, Australia, Scotland, Brazil, Canada and Iowa.

There were presentations about painting, lettering, chalk board art...and lots and lots of laughter.







\
Eventually, it was time to say goodbye and return home....while I was getting back into the swing of things and setting up other work, I took a few minutes to put some paint on my sculpture...



2 comments:

  1. I sure missed out on something.
    Will you be at the English mee in September?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt it, but boy would I love to.

    ReplyDelete