Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What do you use?

I have been asked by several people what software I use to create my projects...
and I want to talk a little bit about that. First, though, let me share this: The
folks at Vectric (they make Aspire, V-Carve Pro, Cut 3D, PhotoVCarve) have been
a tremendous resource as I've begun to grow.
They have just released a case study on my business:

Case Study


Anyone can tell you that there are a number of software packages out there for cnc. There certainly are!  I've tried many of them and some are good, some are great and some are superior.
I have some pretty specific needs, because I not only want to build files, but import 3D objects.  I use illustration tools for creating some of my vectors, and photo editing tools for manipulating photographs for textures....and I'm using Vectric Aspire to bring it all together and generate the files I send to my cnc machine.  I have so much control, and yet multiple ways I can achieve what I want to do....it's simply fantastic.

Right now I'm off to call a potential client that lives somewhere much warmer than here, but more is soon to come. It's a new year and things are already getting exciting! Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment