Sunday, October 27, 2013

GET TO IT!

I have plenty more to share about my amazing workshop experience in Yarrow, B.C. but I wanted to show some recent purchases.

I knew before I left for the workshop that on the other end would be some new tools...a welding machine in particular.  I have the welder and helmet and some chopped fiberglass on the way- but pictures serve a great purpose! They can help remind us of all those little tools, products and things we might otherwise forget.  Here are just a few:

Some protective gear for welding, bolt cutters for cutting steel pencil rod, various wire cutters, concrete mixing paddles and drill, concrete tools for mudding and carving, files for dealing with sharp edges on steel, wire to attach diamond lathe to an armature...still plenty more to pick up in the next few days...there's work to be done!  I don't want to forget the feel of the concrete when it's just the right consistency. I don't want to forget that I only need to twist the wire one and a half times...these little details and a hundred more that make up the important part of what I learned. I'll be putting them into practice soon, so that they don't fade!  I think the first project will be a new mailbox for the new shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment