Thursday, September 26, 2013

100 Miles an Hour

What a great month!
I've been lucky enough to spend some time outdoors, which is always fantastic.
I was in Marshall, Illinois to help my friend Scott Lindley complete a mural, which
will be the first of many in 2016 (The Walldogs).

While we were there, we had a chance to Meet Bud of Bud's BBQ.  Bud runs a tight ship, and worked hard, but the payoff was some of the most delicious rib-tips and ribs I've ever had.  They were so good, my friend Mike Meyer sat him down on his lap to ask him what he wanted for Christmas.

 We were visited by several newspapers and a couple television crews to discuss the mural.  One crew climbed up on the lift to interview Scott:

The real fun was painting!  It's simply a joy to put a brush and some paint against a wall...

One fellow suggested that the truck couldn't be a ford. When I asked why, he explained that it appeared to have someone driving it...and everybody should know that's either fantasy or it's a chevy.  In fact, it is supposed to be a 49' chevy. I don't know if Sanford or his son are anywhere nearby.

In the coming days, much will be going on. I have 2 sign projects to complete before I head to B.C. to visit Dan and family at the Imagination Corporation, and some work and prep to do on the new shop before then as well! It's good to be busy, and there's so much to learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment