Monday, June 24, 2013

Something Fishy

I recently met a couple named Jamie and Jody Oxenham.  They live and work in Canada.  The work is amazing! At a recent sign workshop, we discussed a piece Jamie had created:

As Dan Sawatzky and I and Jamie talked, we thought it would be fun to have a little challenge. The idea was for each of us to create another sample based on "The Institute For Study of Mechanical Marine Life".

Actually, I made the challenge. Why? Because I already had a plan in place.  I knew Dan would take the bait as quickly as I threw it out.  He accepted with glee and began sketching before he'd even returned home.

Here is his plan:



Now he has begun work on his, teasing and poking Jamie and I about our progress.
Soon my own creation will come to life and my friends will have little choice but to concede.

Here is an image that expresses my plan for Dan.



4 comments:

  1. Coming up with a plan is one thing. Drawing a sketch is one better. Now let's see what you actually do with it. :)

    Bring it on.

    -grampa dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it's obvious to those of you reading all this that our banter is meant in a friendly way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green light should be a coke can. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete