Sunday, June 9, 2013

Painting Parts Makes Me Happy

Coming up with an idea is great fun, but watching the pieces become real objects is the best part of what I do.  Each layer of paint and/or glaze brings the object more in focus and closer to what I have imagined.  Sometimes little details change, which is fine.  An experiment with color turns out and changes the color palette a bit...but the overall picture holds.

This weekend I spent some time carving more pieces for the trailer, and working on the paint for some already completed.  It's coming along nicely...





Plenty to prime and paint still! And there are even still more fun pieces to carve. The trailer will show exactly the kind of work I do....from painted images to dimensional pieces. All will work to tell the story of what my work is about.

I still have some readouts to create in photoshop and illustrator, which will be placed in the recesses, and then a clear epoxy will coat them in place and make them appear to be under glass.
My contraptions don't measure the same sorts of things as others might.
These dials and knobs look more like they came from Frankenstein's lab, a subtle nod to some of the early pieces that started all of this for me. 

Next, there will be more parts, fun things to attach to the trailer and the final paint work. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment