Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How Logo Can You Go?

I attended a great 3d Sign Workshop over the weekend.  There were 5 amazing instructors who covered a wide range of techniques and alternate viewpoints concerning how to make them.  I like diversity and left with plenty to consider and apply.

I've decided to make the logo on the trailer dimensional.  I spent some time today building the file for carving.  This is a quick look at it right after I imported the logo.  Ultimately I had to make some additions in illustrator and re-import the file.



Once I added the components I needed, I added some texture to the base, and a nice dome to the logo itself.  Vectric Aspire 4 makes adding textures and shapes to the letters very simple. Using a technique I picked up from Jaime Oxenham, I cleaned up the edges around the logo.





There is still a bit of a soft edge on the bottom of the logo, but I plan to paint the base with a rust texture and am not concerned about that part.  It'll be about 60" long and 16" tall.


No comments:

Post a Comment