Monday, November 19, 2012

Lock And Load People...

I had to work on a website this morning....and I just hate it when there's nothing carving on the cnc.

I remember that, as a young boy, I was visiting my brother in Seattle, and my mother took me to a hobby/collector's store near the Fishmarket. They had all kinds of cool toys, movie and television scripts (original star trek scripts!) and then I saw it on the wall....a rifle from the movie Aliens.  It's called the m41a Pulse rifle.  I stared at it until my mother told me we simply had to leave!  I don't know if it was original or a replica, but I loved it.  Oddly, I'm not a gun person at all. I don't own a gun, don't want a gun and have no particular interest in them...but this was Sci-Fi. A gun to destroy the bad alien! I loved it as a kid, and I still like it now.

So...As I sat down to work on the website, I thought...what the heck. I very quickly found a decent 3D model on google's 3d warehouse, and set up some pink foam on the bot.  I got up to get some lunch, and the bot was done.  My own foam aliens rifle...full scale.  Eventually it'll probably end up on the neighbor boys wall, but that's ok...for me, it's practice and a chance to make the dream I had as a 10 year old come true..my very own aliens pulse rifle! 


A fast glue-up and just a bit of sanding, and it's ready for paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment