Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Giggle Factory

I tend to get excited about things.  When I see potential and possibility, it spins up my excitement motors to a high rate.  What I don't do much is giggle.  Laugh? Sure..most of the time. But today I giggled.  The cnc machine is in place and all the wires to the computer have been connected.  I still need to hook up some 220 for the spindle (router), but everything else is hooked up.

I can't thank John enough for the wonderful job he did with packing, and the precise written layout he did of all the wiring. It made reconnecting it all a painless process.  I attached the final wires and turned on the controller box just as my wife Ashley got home last night.  I loaded the controller software and cautiously pressed the direction keys...and it came to life.  It moved across the table with ease.  I set the jog speed a bit higher (the fast speed to move the router around) and it quickly glided wherever I asked it to go. 






This morning, I'm cleaning up the tools I used to get it all re-assembled, and getting ready to go get the breaker box for the 220.  I couldn't help myself, though...I had to take the router around the table again for a spin.  As it moved, I giggled like a 6 year old at Christmas.  There is so much work and fun ahead and I can't wait...


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it in action and see what it spits out! Video posts perhaps? I'd say good luck or break a leg...but maybe it should be break a bit! :)
    Congrats Doug!
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete