Thursday, March 15, 2012

Th-rust on full.

I did some painting this week. Lots of design work, too.  The designs are for future projects and then it was time to get some paint on things in the shop.

First up was the "compass".  I did several base coats before I assembled it (it's 2 pieces) and then began with various glazes, highlights, washes and dry-brushing.  It's faster than it sounds.  I took the photo with my phone, but will update it with a better one once I step across the street for some fresh batteries for the digital camera.


The it was time to get some color on that new rocket.  The rocket was pieces together using slices based on Autodesk123D make.  Once assembled, I sculpted over the armature of slices to get a final rocket.  I wanted to keep it simple and only added a very small amount of additional detail.  By pure coincidence, the rocket legs fit perfectly on top of the compass seen above. I thought I'd just shoot a picture of it on there.  Why not?  You have to use happy accidents to your advantage.  Assuming, of course, you believe in happy accidents.


1 comment:

  1. I love it! The colours are great on the compass and the rocket looks like it's see many many missions...but wait...shouldn't you be in Yarrow by now sculpting away in Dan's workshop?
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete