Thursday, February 2, 2012

A local bar is making a move to a new location.  The owner has asked me to work on a long sign for the building...40' feet long.  I've had a great time talking to him about what he plans to do, and what kind of sign will work for him at this location.  I began with some early sketches:



Over the course of several days, the owner and I started making some changes to fit with his theme.  We got closer with this:

We both felt the lettering style needed to be different and other changes were in order as well.  There are designers and sign people who dislike this process. I actually enjoy it.  The customer and I are negotiating a combination of my vision, and their own.  I look forward to the collaboration and know that the end result will be something the client loves.  I spent some time this afternoon and have put together a new version for him to review.  It's a combination of several changes he's asked for, and some changes I wanted to incorporate as well.  We're close enough that I'm adding color.

At 40 feet long, the top version for the building will be much more like a mural than a sign.  I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment: